~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Friday, April 1, 2016

Where Do I Begin?

Salam Alaikum!

Wow, has another year nearly passed since my last post? So much has happened, I do not even know where to begin. 

With Ahmad being diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, this year has flown by, and we have just kept ourselves busy learning about this disease and how to treat it. Once we had become adjusted to this new lifestyle, my husband fell sick with pluerisy, and was home resting for a month. When he did return to work the first day, someone hit him from behind on the highway! Once again, he had to stay home to recooperate. Between this sickness and the car accident, we were in the process of getting Ahmad an insulin pump to better manage his blood sugar numbers. 

Good news is! Ahmad now has his pump! We spent 2 weeks practicing with it, with sterile water instead of Insulin. Last Tuesday, we had a hospital stay, and filled it with insulin. That night we were sent home and all was well. Then the next day, Wednesday, his blood sugars soared, and we couldn't get them to go down! I was so terribly stressed out and sleep deprived since I was checking his BG (blood glucose) every 2 hours around the clock. I seriously felt like giving up, but we pulled through, changed his pump site, and his blood sugars evened out. We are still working on perfecting the rate of insulin for his little body. Honestly, it is all trial and error. We really truly never know how blessed we are to have a healthy and functioning body, until we loose that. Subhanllah. I am just so thankful for the modern medicine so our son is still with us and is able to have a healthy and happy life, inshallah. Please pray for a cure for this terrible auto immune disease!


7 comments:

  1. It's so good to hear from you again. It's awful the things that happen to us but there is always others who have even harder times than we.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to hear from you again. It's awful the things that happen to us but there is always others who have even harder times than we.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamu alaikum,
    I have been reading your blog since you started it, and I really admire your strength. I am glad you continue writing, even if it's just a few times a year or less.
    I understand your situation - I'm very close friends with a family that has a son Ahmad's age, who also has type 1 diabetes. They've gone through the same struggle - their son got a pump, but it's not yet working properly, his blood sugar levels are sometimes not predictable at all. I see how hard it is for his mother, and I imagine you must feel like her. I just wanted to tell you that I'm praying for a cure, or at least for this to get easier. Sending my very best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam alaikum sister,

    Alhumdulilah you are doing well and handling your life as much as you can.
    I had to google pluerisy as i had never heard of it, but inshallah your husband discomfort is eased and it only gets better.
    So happy Ahmed got the pump. My cousin waited 8 years for hers. I really hope all the hiccups get sorted.

    Sister i love reading your blog my favourite to be honest is your sewing and cooking ☺
    I dont want to alarm you or give you any ill intention because i really enjoy reading your updates and seen your family grow... we both have ahmeds the same age!
    But you know there are poeple who can give your family evil eye. And ppl can give it unintentionally.
    Ofcourse Allah swt plan for us will happen, and that is life, but i I'm not sure what i am trying to say as i dont want you to take what i am saying in a hurtful way.

    But i dont want you to be getting evil eye from even 1 person, either in your personal life, or your internet life.

    God willing you and your family are protected from this, and may your strength, and belief bring you through these challenges along the way. Mashallah your family is just adorable but this comes from your amazing light that shines from you.

    All the best sister.

    Ummohamed xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam Aleikom!

    SubhanAllah, that is what life is about... ups and downs...

    May Allah make things easier for you and your beautiful family. May Allah help you find a sure for little Ahmad. You are in our prayers, sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My heart with you sister may Allah cure Ahmed and grant him a blessed joyful life Ameen.
    PeaceTrain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog looks interesting and you’ve got great posts! :)
    xx
    May Allah make it easy for you and your family sister! Ameen!

    zahrasadventures.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!