~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Monday, July 27, 2015

The Good News, The Bad News, And All The News In Between

Salam alaikum sisters!

Almost a year has passed since my last post, and I do not even know where to start. Some of you who follow me on instagram may know a little about what is going on in my life at the moment, but those of you who do not, I will share what has been going on these last 11 months. 

First off, the reason I hadn't posted in so long, I didn't have a computer to my disposal. Alhamdulilah, I do now, so inshallah, maybe I will begin blogging once again. 

Between the months of September and March, I had went to visit my family in Missouri, a friend in San Diego, celebrated Ahmad's 3rd birthday, Hamida's first Birthday, and we moved to a house finally! Alhmadulilah! It is a humble little home, but it is so nice to be out of the apartments and not having to climb 3 flights of stairs anytime we wanted to go anywhere. 

June 3rd, 2015. Wow, what a life changer this day was. Ahmad was diagnosed with diabetes type 1. It was very overwhelming and heartbreaking. It has been a major change in our lives. Alhamdulilah, the Dr's say we caught it early, that most parents don't come for help until their children are throwing up uncontrollably or in a coma. I honestly don't even know where to start about Ahmad. 

We had gotten him potty trained, and all of a sudden, he started wetting the bed. His thirst became unquenchable, I at first thought it was because it was so hot here this summer. Since he was wetting the bed, I started cutting off his water at 6pm, then he was sneaking into the bathroom, drinking water! This is when I knew something was wrong. So I googled his symptoms and diabetes popped up. It was 1am in the morning, but thankfully, we have a pediatrician who is opened 24/7. I called right then to make an appointment that morning. I was hoping I was just being dramatic and that my suspicions were wrong, please let them be wrong! 

That morning, I took Ahmad to his pediatrician, they did a urine sample, and yes, they found ketones in his urine. When telling me this, I broke down, I was hoping I had been wrong, hoping that my worries were just a worried mothers thoughts. But my fears became true. His blood sugars was so high they wanted me to either take him right away, or they would call an ambulance. So I quickly dropped Hamida off with a friend a headed straight to the hospital, calling my husband telling him the bad news and that he needed to come as soon as possible. We spent 4 days at the hospital trying to regulate his sugars and get rid of the ketones in his urine. only 4 days to learn what I needed to keep him alive. Ya Allah, why did this happen to us? I would cry and ask. 

Alhamdulilah, Ramadan came a few weeks later and healed my heart that was beginning to become bitter. This ramadan, was a needed ramadan for me. Alhamdulilah, this ramadan truly healed me when I needed it the most. 

So this is our most important news. We are still adjusting, learning and trying new things. Inshallah there will be a cure for diabetes type 1 soon, until then, we will continue to manage Ahmads sugars. 

Inshallah, all of you have had a lovely year <3

11 comments:

  1. Hi sister,
    I'm so sorry to hear what has happened with you. Allah swt sometimes gives us big tests to deal with and Alhamdilah I always say la takrahu shayaan la3alahu kheir. Don't be upset, its a big adjustment but inshallah you can handle it. Im glad you posted about it and I hope you continue blogging because I love your posts and enjoy reading them!

    With love.
    Jenan
    http://lavieenmauve-jj.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam alaikum sister, thank you for your nice words. Alhamdulilah all is well now. I was very upset first but now I am at peace with it and can actually say alhamdulilah. Whereas at first I refused to say alhamdulilah about hamoodis condition. But alhamdulilah, I am glad it is only diabetes and not something worse. Alhamdulilah we can keep alive with injections and careful diet.

      Delete
  2. Salam alaikum sister
    Alhumdulilah you are wonderful really amazing!!!! Mashallah im scared if my baby showed those symptoms i would have just gotten angry at him.
    Thank you for updating your blog
    Xox ummohamed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WA alaikum salam, thank you for your kind words sister anonymous ;-) lol I will be honest, when Ahmad first started wetting the bed, I was patient but when I continued I did get angry with him. We are all human and we make mistakes. Alhamdulilah that we found out early, I would have never been concerned if he hadn't shown signs of unquenchable thirst, that is what concerned me the most.

      Delete
  3. Salam alaykum wa rahmtullah. Sorry to hear about your little son but glad it was diagnosed early. May Allah grant him and you al with good iman, health and patience during your time of adjustment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WA alaikum salam Sanaa, thank you for your kind words, alhamdulilah ♡

      Delete
  4. Asalaam alaikum sweetie alhamdulillah I am so glad you're back to Blogging. You already know how I feel about your news and please never forget :-) Always remember you're an amazing mother to Ahmad and Hamida and I pray to God He gives them happy lives with lots of blessings! Btw I hope you don't mind but I mentioned you on my Blog.

    With Love always,

    Your Canadian friend in Saudi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WA alaikum salam habibiti, love you rere you are amazing and kind ♡ may Allah always bless you tremendously ♡

      Delete
  5. Oh my God!
    SubhanAllah...
    A week ago my 9 months old son was sick. He got a very light version of Scarlet Fever. And I went insane. I was asking the pediatrician about every single difference I noticed on my son until he told me firmly: "Your son is OK. Do not look for something wrong with him! He is suffering a very common virus and you have not seen how other kids are REALLY sick!"
    But I replied back telling him that major deseases have very simple symptoms! And that's why I do not want to ignore any simple thing that might sound silly!

    And now you are saying that your baby's most obvious symptom was extreme thirst! SubhanAllah! How easily we can justify that due to hot weather!

    May Allah help you go through this, sister. I know what does a son mean. I know how heart breaking it is. I will keep praying for your baby and for you and your husband to be strong to pass through this. I loved you for the sake of Allah. And I really love your babies because they are like you, pure, innocent and clean inside. May Allah keep them healthy and happy.

    Yaa Rab... Yaa Rab...

    Fi Aman Allah sister...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about Ahmed. I know as a mother what a panic you must have felt. At least you know what it is and will be able to manage it and get on with life. I've been following your blog ever since I saw a few YT videos you did. I'm so glad you updated and that all is well and congratulations on your home! My family and I moved into our fist home about two years ago. It's an exciting time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Assalamu Walaikum sister.. Hope everything is OK.. May Allah bless ur family and help ur children to have a successfully life here and here-after

    ReplyDelete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!