~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Friday, May 2, 2014

Sorry for my absence ♡

I have total respect of mothers with more then one child and is able to do everything in a day.

How do you do it?

Maybe it is because my husband is working 12 hours a day 6 days a week? Or maybe it is because I do not have family in the state of Florida? Perhaps it is because I only have a handful of friends? But it seems like I am running circles, constant repetition,  but no state of change. I vacuum, turn around, dirty again, I wash dishes, turn around, there are more dishes in the sink once again, I seriously need to put them on birth control or something.

Hamida is also a much different baby then Ahmad was. Such a drastic difference, subhanallah. With Ahmad I could just lay him down with a clean diaper and full tummy and he'd sleep, but with Hamida I have to rock her to sleep. Alhamdulilah for my Moby wrap I don't know what I'd do without it. Ahmad loved bath time, Hamida acts as if she's dying. But then there are up sides for Hamida,  she is such a healthy baby mashallah. No heart monitor or wires. No weekly pedi appointments. She has also been sleeping through the night for nearly a month, mashallah! Ahmad didn't do this until he was 3 months old. Hamida and Ahmad were/are very smiley and happy babies too.

Concerning Ahmad now, alhamdulilah, for a toddler and supposedly being in the terrible twos he is very well behaved, mashallah. He knows the alphabet (he can't say them in order, but if you ask him where is "a" or where is "q" he can find them) and his numbers 1-10. He is also speaking in Arabic and English, mashallah! Alhamdulilah, alhamdulilah, alhamdulilah, he loves to make salah with me as well. When he hears the athan go off, he comes running with the prayer rug. He is so very good with Hamida too, alhamdulilah. If she cries he tries to comfort her and he gives her unexpected kisses. ♡ Mashallah,  Ahmad is a good listener, when I'm out running errands he listens to me and obeys. ♡ He also loves to help as much as he can. Now that his vocabulary is expanding though, he has his own opinion on things and will let me know what he does or doesn't want.

Concerning me and my postpartum? Alhamdulilah all is well. I am currently 130lbs, which I am happy about. I was 115lbs and always felt I was too skinny, now I am very happy with my weight and do not intend to loose it inshallah. My milk supply is still doing great as well alhamdulilah, I have been drinking lots of methi/fenugreek tea.

I am posting this from my phone so inshallah the formatting is correct.

7 comments:

  1. MashaAllah they are so lovely. Glad to get an update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm happy to know that you and your kids are healthy and that Ahmad is being such a good big brother :) Thank you for updating despite being so busy. I love reading your posts! And I have so much respect for how you get all the work around the house done AND manage to raise two amazing children! MashaAllah. Good luck with everything, you are in my duaa
    Assalamu alaikum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amina Bint Yusuf knucklesMay 3, 2014 at 11:47 AM

    Asalaamu Alaikum!! Mashallah mashallah your children are beautiful!! I think I gave birth just a few weeks before you, on february 13. So I am dealing with a lot of the same things....constant laundry, dishes, etc. I have to hold myself back and when my daughter dumps her toys out to play with....that is what they are there for. It gets easier alhamdullilah. It feels like a routine now at almost 3 months pp. I have a woven wrap and literally wear it every day...idk how I did it with my first without a wrap! A lot of crying for sure!! And yes my first daughter was so chill and this one is more sensitive mashallah!!
    Motherhood is great! You are doing well keep your head up inshallah. I live in south florida and my husband works a lot, too. So trust me, I understand haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mabrook on your baby blessing mashaAllah tabarakillah too sister!

      Delete
  4. Wa alaykum salam wa rahmtullah sister, glad to hear you are well after things were bit hard for you. MashaAllah tabarakillah the children are blessings from Allah and may you all be blessed. I bet ahmad seems so big now that hamida is here! InshaAllah everything falls into place once your family begins to grow. I remember feeling like you when I had my third child! Everything seemed a juggle! lol Still is! Hamdulilah.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MashaAllah...

    I would call your babies "Angel Eyes"... they both have wide beautiful eyes... May Allah protect them...

    Oh... yes! Every child is a completely different story... starting the first days of pregnancy! Subhan Allah...

    So glad to know that all is well with you...

    Noor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mashallah beautiful babies, May Allah swt bless you and make the beautiful journey of motherhood easy for you sis.

    ReplyDelete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!