~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Friday, May 9, 2014

My Natural Facial Cleansing Method

Salam alaikum sisters.

So I am sure most of you have heard about the oil cleansing method. Where you use olive oil and castor oil. Massage into skin then wipe off with a hot wash cloth. I first heard about it from the delusion mom. I thought to try it, but it just didn't work for me and I gave up on it.

One day while I was reorganizing my pantry I saw a bottle of almond oil and thought to try to combine it with the castor oil. It worked wonders for me mashallah! I then went to further my experiments and add some drops of tea tree oil to my mixture. Tea tree oil is a natural cleanser and antibacterial oil. Then I spray rose water on my face as a tiner and moisturize with coconut oil. This is my evening routine.

I found doing the oil cleansing method in morning and evening was too much on my skin. So I just wash my face with water in the morning and once again tone with rose water. I have been doing this for almost a year now. Even during my time of the month I do not have any break outs. Now I did have a few break outs during postpartum,  but that was because my schedule was all wacky with getting the appendectomy and having a newborn so there were times I wasn't able to keep up with my routine.

Alhamdulilah I am so pleased with my cleansing routine now and I see better results then I have seen with anything else. Mind you, I was big advocate for aveeno, but no more! The plus side is not only have I been able to save lots of money, I have eliminated the use of chemicals and overly processed products.

10 comments:

  1. Wa alaykum salam wa rahmtullah, Glad you found a routine that is natural and beneficial. I use Almond oil on my face too and I find it gentle on my ever so sensitive skin mashallah tabarkillah. Witch Hazel is a good natural toner I was told but I am to weary to try it on my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should for sure try the rose water. My husband likes the smell of it which is always a plus. :-)

      And yes, witch hazel is a natural anti-inflammatory.

      Delete
  2. Sounds good. I do have almond and castor oil, and no time so simplicity would be best :)
    I am still an Aveeno girl...why did you stop using it...cost?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Aveeno! I use the Skin relief and daily moisturiser. It was on sale for £3.99 in a discount store so I bought a few! They still going strong! I rate it better than the Simple Sensitive range. I couldn't buy Aveeno regular when full priced so hamdulillah for discount spots!

      Delete
    2. Aveeno worked better then anything else but still wasn't giving me the results I wanted. Alhamdulilah, the method I am doing now works wonderfully.

      Delete
    3. Months later I have to say Aveeno isn't working for me as it initially was. It is okay on my body but my finding something suitable for my face cleanser and moisturiser is still proving to be a task! I am still experimenting with the natural methods and an organic product I came across but no contentment as of yet. InshaAllah soon.

      Delete
  3. Jazzakallah sis for natural cleansing idea, I will be trying it In sha Allah. I was wondering if you have any ideas for natural recipes for baby shampoo and body cleansers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirks castile soap bar melted in water with lavender and chamomile works wonderfully for babies. It doesnt Sud up, but it does the job. :-)

      Delete
  4. Hello Zarah! This is Angel. How re you? Looks like you have another little one? ALHAMDULILLA!!! So happy for you! How is yor family? We are no longer in jax. We moved to Callahan and are living in the country on a piece of land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jazakalkhair, alhamdulilah we are well. Mashallah on your move, alhamdulilah Allah has provided for you and your family.

      Delete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!