~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Inexpensive Way To Keep Your Milk Supply Up

Salam alaikum sisters.

Around 2 months postpartum,  I noticed my milk supply was running low. No longer was I firm and Hamida was very fussy at the breast. I will admit I wasn't being very intentional with my water intake, I mean, sometimes its difficult to remember to take care of yourself. All you mothers know what I mean.

The mothers milk tea alone was not cutting it. So I went to the arabic store, purchased some whole fenugreek seeds in hopes it would boost my supply. This is how I found preparing them has helped me the most.

I take about 1-2 tablespoons of seeds and slightly crush them. I put them in a quart jar with a tablespoon of fennel seeds, two mothers milk tea bags, two chamomile tea bags, and a tablespoon of honey. I then fill the jar up with boiling water and let it sit on the counter over night. In the morning I squeeze any excess liquid from the tea bags and I put the jar of tea in the refrigerator to keep it from spoiling. I then drink a cup of tea in the morning and the evening.

Alhamdulilah this tea has worked wonders and has gotten my supply back up beautifully.

Now, I know people like to use brewers yeast, but it is quite expensive, so I was very pleased to have found an inexpensive way to keep my milk supply up.

3 comments:

  1. Salam Aleikom Sister...

    What type of mothers milk tea are you using?

    I noticed that there are many options... also do you have an idea on how to make it at home in case I could not find it in tea bags?

    Your sister,

    Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WA alaikum salam, I use to use the yogi brand but I started using the traditional medicine brand. You can probably find it in your local grocery store. Or any place that sells organic products.

      I have found Fenugreek works great by itself. I like the other added teas for the taste. But if I was you I'd add some fennel, caraway, chamomile, and FenuGreek in replace of the mothers milk tea. Maybe even some sage.

      Delete
    2. Thank you!! Jazaki Allah Kheir sister...

      Right now I am asking for my sister, she is breastfeeding her less-than-month-old daughter right now... You can say that I am experimenting on her :-) My due date is in November first... so by that time inshaAllah I will see what works with her and start there! :-D

      Thanks alot again...

      InshaAllah this mix will work...

      Delete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!