~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Friday, May 9, 2014

I Am Getting The Hang Of It...

Salam alaikum, so despite my last post, I think I am starting to get the hang of this, more then one kid thing. I have learned I can't be the perfectionist that I have always been, because doing so, I am unable to just enjoy the moment. So this past week I've been letting things slide and just been enjoying the children.

After my appendectomy I'd take the kids grocery shopping or to the park on my own, but never had the courage to go anywhere else. So yesterday, I woke up in a very cheerful and over the top positive mood, and you can ask my friends I am normally cheerful to begin with. Already I had planned to go to the mosque Thursday night, but then very spontaneously decided the kids and I would go on a beach trip, just me, Ahmad,  and Hamida.  So I packed up some snacks, blankets, beach toys, etc and headed off.

The beach I love is only 30 minutes away from our home and you have to pay to enter, which I do not mind. It keeps the riff raff out, the beach is clean, and drinking is prohibited. So when we arrived I first put my wrap on and tucked Hamida inside and Ahmad walked down the beach with me. We played for about an hour in the water then headed back up to eat lunch.

Needless to say Ahmad shed tears cause he thought we were leaving, I had to reassure him over and over that'd we'd be going back. I set the food out, nursed Hamida, took out our double stroller (it has a fold down chair that converts to a bed) and pushed it through the sand. THAT was a work out for sure. Haha.

The tide was coming in, so there were some nice waves. I would take Ahmad by his underarms and let him float the waves. We played for at least 2 more hours, Hamida was so content in her "bed" listening to the waves wash in and out.

Finally I decided it was time to go, of course more tears were shed by Ahmad. But what child doesn't cry when having to leave the beach?

I share this story with you, because it is a big step for me to take the kids on such a big excursion by myself. Alhamdulilah all went well and because of the smoothness of this trip, it encourages me to do it again.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Yes, it does make a difference when you have more than one and it takes time to explain and coax and be patient, but it's worth it to spend nice days with the kids outside of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling more like yourself again. Al hamdulillahu Rabbil alameen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a really nice excursion! You are lucky to live near a beach - so take full advantage of it! The pics look lovely by the way, it's great to see you all healthy and happy :) May Allah swt keep you in that state and protect you and your family.
    All the best, assalamu alaikum

    ReplyDelete
  4. MashaAllah... Brave of you! :-D

    Baby Hamida seems to be a very cheerful little girl... MashaAllah... may Allah protect her and her family <3

    Noor

    ReplyDelete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!