~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Little Bit Of This, A Little Bit Of That Shawlette

Salam alaikum! 

So for the ladies who follow me on pinterest, you will know that I've been pinning shawl patterns like a crazy woman. I think they are so very beautiful, timeless, and elegant looking.

I finally found the pattern  that I thought would be perfect for hot Florida summers but would also accommodate during our mild winters, if need be. I didn't follow the pattern exactly. I stopped at the scallops because I thought they were a much prettier edging then the original patterns edging. I also single crocheted two rows around the "neckline".

I only used 3 1/2 balls of the peaches and cream cotton yarn. The yarn is 1.50$ a ball, so all in all, I paid 5.25$ for this shawl!

I had to stretch the shawl as well. All you have to do is pin down the shawl really tight, spritz it with water, iron it, and let it sit for however long you want it to. I let it sit for a few hours.

You can find the pattern here:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/a-little-of-this-a-little-of-that-shawlette

My results:



12 comments:

  1. Lovely! Is that brown? Never seen that color in peaches and cream... Special order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it is black, just the lighting is bad. I have no one to take pictures for me and it is taken on my phone. I just got it at Wal-Mart. :-)

      Delete
  2. Wa alaykum salam wa rahmtullah. Beautiful mashaAllah! You must be pleased. I wear poncho's a lot so this is right up my street but mine are thicker and knitted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy with it, mashallah. Yes I think it gives modesty but elegance at the same time. Thick will not do here in Florida! I would be melting to a puddle! Lol

      Delete
    2. I have been to Florida two times and it was very hot!

      Delete
  3. awww!!! MashaAllah the shawl is sooo adorable!

    May Allah bless those hands :-)

    I miss crochet... seems that I will be back crocheting soon... specially that I am expecting a baby due in the beginning of winter :-D

    Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should crochet! Mashallah! Babies are such blessings!!

      Delete
  4. Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullah Umm Ahmad! Mabrook you have been chosen to be a featured Blogger on my newly launched website Chasing Jannah -- a site dedicated to all the new Sisters or those who are interested in Islam. Your words and examples are very admirable and please find me on Instagram to enter my free giveaway inshaaAllah.

    Have a great week & God bless ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa alaikum salam, I just saw this message! Grrrr. Jazakalkhair for the feature! ♡

      Delete
  5. Salam sis
    Where are youuuu
    I hope you haven't stopped blogging :(
    Inshallah all is well with you and your lil family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa alaikum salam, alhamdulilah we are well. For some reason I wasn't notified that you left a reply. I have made to updates. We've been busy. :-)

      Delete
  6. Asalamu alaikum,

    Have a happy Eid ul Fitr: Eid Mubarak! Come and read my message and leave some words jazakAllah khair.

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!