~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Allah Loves the One's He Tests

Salam alaikum sisters.

Alhamdulilah this past week has been full of tests. A week ago I had started getting a sharp pain in my lower right abdomen, it for sure wasn't afterbirth pains, especially with being 2 weeks postpartum by that time. So when my husband returned home from work, we packed the children up and went to the ER. We waited 4 hours to be seen! Finally they concluded, after various test, that I had appendicitis and in a few hours I would be operated on. Before operation they gave me an antibiotic which caused a severe allergic reaction, my mouth and tongue had begun to swell and I felt like one huge hive. Alhamdulilah, the surgery went well, and we found a friend of mine to watch the children while I was in the hospital that day. Alhamdulilah again that I had quite a bit of milk pumped and stored in the freezer as I could not breastfeed for 24 hours after the surgery due to the medications they gave me. They wanted me to stay night, but I insisted that they had to discharge me. 

Alhamdulilah, Allah has blessed me with only a few friends, but wonderful friends that are always there for me when I need them. The sister who watched the children for me insisted I come back with them the next day to her house so she could help me tend to them and so I could rest. Then for the next 3 days another sister came to help me with Ahmad. Alhamdulilah, by the 5th day I was feeling much better and much like myself. 

Now Hamoodi has caught a cold, inshallah Hamida will not catch it, she is still so young, only 3 weeks old.

Our washer machine also broke a few days after we came home with Hamida (2 1/2 weeks ago) inshallah it will finally be fixed by this Monday.

Inshallah all of you are well, I hope that one day I can be better at posting, but we are still adjusting to a new addition. With all the things that have been going on, hasn't made the adjustment any easier. Alhamdulilah for everything. :)

15 comments:

  1. Salaam!
    Congrats on the birth of your precious daughter! Guess you're right, Allah test the most faithful at times...and throughout it all...you seem to vibrate a thankful "Alhamdulillah" that's such a blessing to endure all that and still see it as a test from Allah!
    Insha'Allah you'll see happiness and peace throughout!
    Xo
    Zahraa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ameen, jazakalkhair sis! Thank you for the kind words. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Asalamu alailukum,

    Interesting post, I know its been a while but death came knocking on the door.. Come have a read and make dua for all those who have lost their loved ones.

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you said sister, Allah tests the ones he loves...

    May Allah make all of these unpleasant incidents causes for reward...

    Praying for you <3

    Love,

    Noor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Assalamu alaikum,
    I'm sorry you had to go through this! Alhamdulillah that you recovered so quickly and had such wonderful support. May things be easier for you from now on in shaa Allah.
    Best wishes & salaams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa alaikum salam, ameen, jazakalkhair sis. <3

      Delete
  5. Inshallah all of you guys feel better very soon! Doing duaa for you sister! Love your blog, follow mine? http://lavieenmauve-jj.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. InshaAllah everyone will get better and stronger with and from these tests. If Hamida is getting breast milk, inshaallah she will be fine. My little one at 6 months had had 4 colds, 2 flus and has been around her brother when he had the norovirus...alhamdullelah all is well.

    Masalama & take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inshallah, alhamdulilah, Hamida never got sick. :-) alhamdulilah, your little one is fine as well.

      Delete
  7. Assalam alayki sister I hope you and your precious family are doing well and you are in the best of iman and health. Mabrook on your new blessing mashaAllah tabrakillah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa alaikum salam, alhamdulilah all is well. :-)

      Delete
  8. When I come to your place and find no updates after that tough post, I worry for a sister of Islam that I never knew except through her words on her blog...

    But I know that what we share in common is the word of Allah...

    So even though I do not know you, I worry for you, and have you in my prayers...

    May Allah make every thing easier to you and may his mercy save you from tough times... Ameen...

    Your sister,
    Noor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jazakalkhair sister for your concern. Alhamdulilah all is well, just have been so terribly busy. ♡♥♡

      Delete
  9. AOA. Congrats on your children! They are both beautiful mA! Motherhood is a juggling act. Don't be hard on yourself. It is a challenge to keep up, and the exhaustion is very real. It will be become more manageable in time (note: not necessarily easier lol). I've got two "bunny rabbits" ages 6 and 3 1/2. it goes quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!