~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Co-sleeping

Salam alaikum sisters.

As my due date draws closer and closer (mind you I don't really do due dates, especially being surprised with a preemie, I have learned that babies come when babies want to) I have been getting ready for the new addition. 

We co-slept with Ahmad, but we had a little bassinet beside the bed and once he out grew that, he started sleeping in our bed. Now we have a 2 year old and soon to be little one again and I was quite worried that somehow Ahmad would be able to tip over the bassinet if he were to try to peek over the rim to see his sister. So I started looking around online for ideas since I found out I was pregnant and I found this really smart idea on pinterest and this is what I came up with:


We have a queen size bed which is already plenty of room for the 3 of us, so the crib/daybed/co-sleeper is for the baby. Of course, I will be the one sleeping closest to her. I really love co-sleeping, you can quickly sooth you children and with a newborn/breastfeeding baby, it is so convenient during the night.

Do any of you co-sleep, if so, have you co-slept with more then one child at a time? What were your experiences?


5 comments:

  1. Salam alaykum Umm Ahmad, I had the cot right next to the bed like how yr pic looks. Sometimes my babies would fall asleep on me or next to me as I nursed them mashaAllah and I honestly can't imagine my babies being more than a arms span away especially during the night so they can be secure as well as myself. Their cot stay's next to our bed until they are about nearly 2 or 2 then they join their siblings in their rooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa alaikum salam Sanaa, Oh yes, cosleeping makes things much easier. :)

      I am not sure when we will have Ahmad sleep on his own. We are just going with it until we feel he needs to sleep in his own room.

      Delete
  2. Asalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,
    I actually bedshare from birth, so I'm curious how all four us will be fitting into our bed, haha. I have a 27 month old and hoping she'll transition to her own little bed without a fight. I'm two weeks ahead of you I believe, mashallah. I also made the katrina soakers out of fleece which worked great for my first born. (Referring to your last post). Also, I stopped listening to the CD myths of 'cd safe detergent' and alll my issues went away. I try to say that to as many cd'ing mamas so they know there is another side to what is considered correct washing...if you're interested i'll send you a link for more info on it inshallah. It will helpnprevent soooo many problems!!!!

    -Amina Bint Yusuf Knuckles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa alaikum salam sis. Well so far, concerning the cloth diapers, I am using a homemade detergent. Which is what I have been using for a good 2 years. I haven't found any issues with it, and am pleased with it so far, alhamdulilah. :)

      For my baby shower a sister gifted me a store bought cloth diaper, my husband liked them so much he wants to only buy those now. LOL Alhamdulilah, the sister found a good deal for us, which is where I guess we will be buying the cloth diapers. :)

      So you are 35 weeks along? Won't be long you will be having your little one mashallah! I am getting excited to meet my little girl inshallah. :)

      Delete
  3. salam alaikum sis. We have a 3 month old and a 3 yr old and we are still co-sleeping. The crib is beside my bed and my 3 yr old has a bedroom but you couldn't tell the difference. I think it just works out and hubby never complains about it because he loves having both kids in the bed.
    Can't wait to meet your little one.

    ReplyDelete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!