Subhanallah, I was going through some of my notebooks and tearing out pages I didn't need anymore when I came across some of my notes on my daily reading of the Quran, I had done this during the majority of my pregnancy and somehow stopped once I had Ahmad because I was so busy. I will share one entry I made on September 30th 2011:
Beautiful points in today's reading:
Chapter 2 Verses 255-257
- There is no god but Allah- the living, self-subsisting (self supporting) Eternal.
- No slumber/sleeping comes over Allah.
- Everything in the heavens and the earth belong to Him.
- He knows everything that happens in each of our lives.
- Allah's throne extends over the heavens and the earth. He is never weary of guarding and preserving us. For He is the Most High and Supreme in Glory.
- There should never be an impulse/compulsion/ urge in religion.
- Truth will always stand out from error.
- Those who reject error/evil and believes in Allah has grasped the MOST TRUSTWORTHY hand-hold that NEVER breaks.
- Allah hears and knows ALL things.
- Allah protects those who have faith in Him. The ones who live in error/evil He will lead to the truth *IF* if is His will.
- Allah gives riches to those He chooses. He cares for everyone and knows ALL things.
- Shaytan threatens us with poverty and encourages us to do evil acts. While Allah promises us forgiveness and bounties- for He cares and knows all things.
Insha'allah, I hope I can get back into this good habit again.