~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

My Current Projects

Salam alaikum sisters!

Today I wanted to show you some projects I have been working on.



Here is a sneak peek of a quilt I am working on for the new addition to the family. I haven't started sewing it all together as I am gathering up more scraps of material to include in it. I am super excited to get this done, inshallah!

The main focus of it is already sewed together. It is a block that is called "the exploding pineapple". Very easy to make.


Before the new baby comes I really want to get a new rug in the living room. Right now we are financially very tight, so I am making a rag rug. I think it will really go with what I have in my living room already as it is decorated kind of "country shabby chic".

A friend of mine was helping me move my husband and I's bedroom around to make room for the new baby, and while doing so, she ripped our comforter. It was just a loosely woven cotton comforter, here in Florida there is no need for heavy blankets. It was beyond repair because it was so loosely woven, so I cut it up to make a rug out of it! I am just crocheting around the strips of material and alternating the color of yarn.

I am also working on knitting a sweater, leggings, and sewing dresses for the baby, but I will show all of those when I finish them, inshallah. 



9 comments:

  1. Slmz sister I am one of those silent readers that enjoys reading ur blog. I really admire you and how you go about making your own things. May Allah grant you a safe and healthy pregnancy and baby and everything easy for u Ameen! Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa alaikum salam, Ameen. Jazakalkhair! Thanks for coming out of your silence and leaving a comment! It always makes my day.

      Delete
  2. Assalamu alaykum the rug looks very striking mashaAllah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa alaikum salam, alhamdulilah, thank you sis. :)

      Delete
  3. As salaamu alaikum sis... I have been wondering if you still have you YouTube channel? I have seen Umm Ahmed but not the other one that shows you creating jilbabs and such.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wa alaikum salam, no, I am not longer making videos, and made the ones I did have private. Sorry sis. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm so disappointed sister. They were so informative... I used to watch the jilbab video all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do however understand not posting on the Internet. It can be such a fitnah. If you do open your private group please add me sis. You are so helpful with my sewing and design needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it wasn't that, I do wear proper hijab and do not accessorize myself, so I do not see how I would have caused any fitnah. It is just the matter of not having the time to film and keep up with the responsibilities there are to having a yotube channel. As a mother I have to make priorities, and after my duties to Allah, there falls my duties to my family and there wasn't enough time to keep up with youtube. But I have no issues keeping up with my blog, hence why I still post here. :)

      Delete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!