~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Maternity and Nursing Abaya

Salam alaikum. 

I have had this design in my head for a while now, but no fabric. Alhamdulilah, a sister I sewed an abaya for was so thankful that she in return purchased some fabric for me. I have another abaya to sew yet, but I thought I would go ahead and show this one. 

This abaya is designed in a way that it allows a growing pregnant belly, looks flattering when you are not pregnant, and allows breastfeeding (and room for fluctuating sizes, as you breastfeeding mothers know what I am talking about). I think it would look lovely in a solid print, but the solid print material was incredibly more expensive then this calico print. So I bought prints rather then solids, but I prefer solids in all honesty.



See how I have the pleats that allow room for growth?


Plenty of chest coverage (there are 5 buttons in total, so that is how high the neck line is).


Full view of the abaya and my 26 week baby bump. :)

I am not quite happy with the sleeves. I haven't figured out exactly how I want them, so I just cut them out large for the time being. Once I figure out how I want them, then I will adjust them. :)

4 comments:

  1. elbise ç.ok güzel maşaAllah! :) Türkiye'den selamlar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice mashaAllah. I made a maxi dress last Friday with some material a sister gave me a few months back.I am yet to finish the shoulder straps. I like the chest design of your dress did you just do that from your head or follow a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mashallah you should make a post or email me your finished maxi dress. :) The whole dress design is from my head. No pattern, sorry. :(

      Delete
    2. Hamdulilla. I am making my dresses from my head too. I do get confused by patterns but the smock dress I am attempting now as my maxi is done is from a very, very basic pattern that I came across on youtube. InshaAllah I will show you when both are done...if I don't mess them up! lol

      Delete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!