~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

What have I been up to?

Salam alaikum sisters, insha'allah all of you are well. 

While I am at the store working and Ahmad is napping, there are times when there are not any customers and I have nothing to do. So instead of spending seemingless moments on the computer, I have picked up crocheting again. Down here in FLorida, I haven't really the need for crocheted things as it is very hot, but I have a friend who is expecting a little girl, and what isn't more fun than to make things for little girls?


For the sweater I still have to add buttons, but it is pretty much finished.


There is another row of blocks on this blanket, but is on the other side of the chair I draped it on. I really enjoyed putting this blanket together, it was really fun and my first time ever trying a lacey granny square.

There are several other things I would like to make for my friend, perhaps a little hat and a sewed dress that will match the sweater. Insha'allah, we shall see what comes with all of my spare time between customers. :) 



9 comments:

  1. That's beautiful!Have you thought of starting a Sewing Club with with some of your friends?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish! But haven't the time these days, working 12 hours a day and 6 days a week, not left with much time to socialize. :)

      Delete
  2. How true!Well,all young women have a busy schedule,honey.Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Sister u are items are really so wonderful! I loooove themmmm . How I can learn to make these things? What steps to take ? I think u choose good colors too, so colorful creative. :) frim Halimah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam sister, thanks for the nice words. :) You can learn by purchasing a beginners book, or if you have access to the computer, you can learn from there. :) CrochetGeek on youtube is really good and shows step by step through her videos. :)

      Delete
  4. Yeah did you learn from your mum? Mashallah you are talented woman. Can you recommend books or something to learn from???as the Internet is not always accessible to me. I don't need this things in Egypt ( where i go with my husband simetimes) but in Australia (where i live) we need it yes yes yes I would even put my sons in knitted cardigans hehe I love the old crotchet look I defiantly take after my english side with my taste. My nanna had doilies everywhere haha. *samra*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned the basic stuff from my mom and grandma (my mom helped me, but she is left handed, so she would send me to my grandmas so I could see how it was down with the right hand). Then I went on to the more detailed things on my own. :) I had an old old old book probably from the 50's that I learned a lot from. When you go to Australia, I am sure they would have some stores that would have a beginners book of some sort. I am intending to do some knitting, as I like both styles, knitting and crocheting. :) I want to make a sweater for my son for when it does get cold here in Florida (like only 3 months out of the year. LOL)

      Delete
  5. Salam alaikum sister
    MashaAllah beautiful pieces, it's good your passing your time doing something rewarding im sure your friend will appreciate all these handmade gifts for her newborn.
    Allahi barak feeki

    ReplyDelete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!