~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Ahmad's 13 Month Update

Yes, I know I am a few days late for this, but I have had so many exciting things happening, I had just forgotten to write a blog post on Ahmad 13 month update.

Ahmad is walking very well now. Hardly ever falls or trips. He is for sure trying to talk, sometimes I think I kind of get what he is trying to say, but other times it is a just a jumble of sounds. He very clearly says "Done" and a few other words, that I am not sure are of coincidence or, if he actually knows what he is saying. 

He now loves looking at books. Sometimes I will find him just sitting in the living room floor flipping through his baby books. Absolutely heart warming. 

These past few days he has been very clingy. Wanting me to hold him the majority of the time, must be a phase he going through. 

It seems he pretty much understands what I say to him. So I think it is a good time to start teaching him the proper way to act.

Oh, and the few times he has went on the potty, I let him close the bathroom door. Maybe it makes him feel big, but he just loves to do it. 

He is quite the helper as well. Whenever I do laundry, I will give him some wet clothes to put in the dryer. Or when I am sweeping he holds the dust pan until I need it. He is also starting to learn to put his toys away. Ahhh, why did my baby have to grow so fast?

I am not 100% sure, but I think he maybe lactose intolerant. Since I have had him on cows milk, his bowels have been very loose and 5-6 times a day. I will have to ask his Pediatrician about this on his next DRs appointment.

Ahmad is also becoming choosy with his foods. He just doesn't eat everything now. He doesn't care for broccoli, eggs, and the laughing cow cheese. I have noticed that he loves the more "carb" things, such as bread, bread, and more bread. LOL

Anyhoo, I think that is about it, if I remember anything else, I will add to this post. :)




5 comments:

  1. habeebi masha Allah so cute, my neice one month older than him she says "buba" means"toba"=ball in English.




    Nada

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am yet to see my baby walks. Although He is almost the same age as your lil bub.. :)) if you don't mind, how did you teach your baby to sleep on his own in his room?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahmad started walking when he was 10 months old :)

      We co-slept with him until he was about 5-6 months old. Than we put him in his own room. He would sleep there most of the night. Wake up around fajr, and join us in our bed. Now, he is use to sleeping on his own, and very rarely wakes up before us. :)

      It takes time, little by little, we taught him. :)

      Delete
  3. Esselamu Aleykum Sister,

    I just discovered your youtube videos and your blog a week ago. I am a Muslim woman living in Istanbul, Turkey. I've been married for 1,5 years and I'm nearly 8 weeks pregnant with my first baby. In fact this is my third pregnancy but the two ended in early miscarriages. It was devastating to experience this kind of loss back to back- two losses in two months. I am considered high risk but this pregnancy is way different than the first two so I'm confident that Allah replied my prayers and feel good about my pregnancy Elhamd├╝lillah. We are so close in our due dates. I sincerely hope and pray both of us get our completely healthy babies who are obedient to Allah and his/her parents.

    I also want to congratulate you on your take on marriage. You seem like a genuinely nice person who is not afraid of pleasing Allah and your husband. You are so very brave to take a leap of faith and marry your husband in 5 days. At first I thought it was weird but it seems to be working for you. I can easily tell you are a hard working woman and quickly adapted to your husband's lifestyle. It shows even in the meals you cook. You seem like a "saliha" woman.

    Oh and my older brother's and my nephew's name are Ahmed too! Your son is adorable MasaAllah. I hope and pray I will have a son just like your sweet baby boy. Of course whatever gender Allah decided to bless me will be the best for me and my husband but I mostly feel like I'm pregnant with a boy. We really struggled to conceive so I know beggars can't be choosers. I'll be happy either way.

    Anyway, I just wanted to congratulate you on being such an obedient and easy going wife. It's so rare to see women like this these days. I'll be keeping you in my prayers and hope you will remember me as an older sister in your prayers also. The best kind of prayer is the one prayed by others for you as you know.

    Sena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa alaikum salam ukhti!

      Masha'allah, thanks for such a long comment! I enjoyed reading it. :)

      I am very sorry for your loss in your first two pregnancy's. Remember the promise Prophet Muhammad gave to the women who lost their children? Insha'allah, despite these terrible mishaps, you will be rewarded for your strength to continue despite these trials.

      Jazakalkhair for all of the kind words sis! It means a lot to me. Insha'allah, we will both carry our little ones to full term and raise very pious Muslim children.

      FeAminAllah,

      Umm Ahmad <3

      Delete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!