~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

What You Find When You Aren't Looking...

Subhanallah, I was going through some of my notebooks and tearing out pages I didn't need anymore when I came across some of my notes on my daily reading of the Quran, I had done this during the majority of my pregnancy and somehow stopped once I had Ahmad because I was so busy. I will share one entry I made on September 30th 2011:

Beautiful points in today's reading:

Chapter 2 Verses 255-257

  • There is no god but Allah- the living, self-subsisting (self supporting) Eternal.
  • No slumber/sleeping comes over Allah.
  • Everything in the heavens and the earth belong to Him.
  • He knows everything that happens in each of our lives.
  • Allah's throne extends over the heavens and the earth. He is never weary of guarding and preserving us. For He is the Most High and Supreme in Glory.
  • There should never be an impulse/compulsion/ urge in religion.
  • Truth will always stand out from error. 
  • Those who reject error/evil and believes in Allah has grasped the MOST TRUSTWORTHY hand-hold that NEVER breaks.
  • Allah hears and knows ALL things.
  • Allah protects those who have faith in Him. The ones who live in error/evil He will lead to the truth *IF* if is His will.
Chapter 2 Verse 261
  • Allah gives riches to those He chooses. He cares for everyone and knows ALL things.
Chapter 2 Verse 268
  • Shaytan threatens us with poverty and encourages us to do evil acts. While Allah promises us forgiveness and bounties- for He cares and knows all things.
Insha'allah, I hope I can get back into this good habit again. 

9 comments:

  1. Mashallah! This is such a nice way to learn! JazakiAllah for sharing, sister! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Habeebty Umm Ahmed,May Allah bless our times with his GLORIOUS QUR'AN. AMEEN.



    Nada

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always find random things in my notebboks when ' not looking! ' Alhamdulliah, when you actually take the time to read and ponder over an ayah, it has the most amazing meaning....
    :)
    TheDaisyChainSister

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alhamdulillah ! I am so glad you find your old notebook. Your notes are wonderful reminder to all of us of the words of the Noble Qu'ran/

    I am like you; I write down notes about everything I read that is of importance - I have a bookshelf fully of old ring binders going back to when I was 8 or 9. Your posting has reminded me that there is much there that IO could well gain from reading again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How sentamental! Well, I for sure do not have things from when I was 8 or 9 but I do manage to come across hidden notes in a middle of a notebook sometimes. LOL

      Delete
  5. MashaAllah, this is a good thing, I mean taking notes of what we read on the Quran, of the things we can learn. I have to try this :D
    Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alhumdulilah! This is nice and thanks for sharing sis! You have given me inspiration and I think I will start keeping a notebook and doing the same thing :) Keep going sis, May Allah reward you!

    ReplyDelete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!