~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Monday, January 14, 2013

Malfouf (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls)

I know before, I was including picture examples of what you do, step by step for every recipe. Now, I hardly have the time to take photos, so I will just post the recipe and if you have any questions on how to do anything, leave a comment. :)


This recipe is adapted from one I got from the internet. The one from the internet did have enough salt, nor enough flavor. 

Ingredients:

1 cabbage head 
3/4 lb of ground beef
1/4 cup of rice (soaked)
3 HEADS of garlic (minced, 15 cloves need to be separated, as they will be put in the water)
1 tomato (diced)
1 1/2 TBS salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
2 tsp Arabic 7 spice
2 tsp dried parsley (if you have fresh use that instead!)
1/2 tsp dried dill
4 lemons squeezed
3 TBS olive oil

Directions:
Peel off outer leaves and use them for the bottom of the pan. Pit out the large stem on the bottom of the cabbage. Simmer the whole cabbage in a large pan until the leaves begin to separate.

As leaves begin to loosen, peel them off and place in strainer. If leaves are not soft and flexible, boil until they are, but do NOT make them mushy.

Mix meat, rice, spices (including the salt), extra mince garlic, and tomatoes.

Take leaf, cut in half (removing the hard stem at the same time). Take 1-2 TBS of meat stuffing along an edge of the leaf and roll. Line up in a pot. Put the greenest leaves at the bottom. Roll all leaves and put in pot.

Saute the 15 separate minced garlic in oil until golden brown. Pour into pot, squeeze 4 lemons and add 4 cups of water. Put heavy plate on top. Cook for about 1 1/2 hours (sometimes less). 

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. One of my favorites mashAllah they are even better with ground chicken (thats how they do it in Saudi).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insha'allah, I will have to try that!

      Delete
  2. Looks amazing sis. I love new recipes. I am okay at making them but it takes me a few attempts before I get it right. I will try this recipe this week inshaAllah and let you know how I get on. Jazakillhu khayran for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do let me know how they turn out!

      Delete
  3. I must try this very soon in shaa Allah jazakAllahu Khairan sis wa alaykum salam

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOOKS SO DELICIOUS, MASHA ALLAH Umm Ahmed.





    NADA

    ReplyDelete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!