~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Basic Cherry Cheesecake

Monday night I made this and took it to our friends house on Tuesday while they watched Iraq play against Bahrain (soccer game). Mabrook to Iraq for winning! Everyone loved it so I thought I would share the recipe. :) It originally came from the recipe book my grandmother gave me, "Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book 10th Edition", but as usual, I didn't follow the recipe exactly, so I will share the recipe I came up with, insha'allah. I don't own a spring form pan that most use for cheesecakes, so I used a regular circular cake pan instead, and it worked just as well. Therefore, I had to halve the filling of the cheesecake. I also do not have an electric mixer, so I just mixed everything by hand. 

Ingredients:

CRUST:
2 cups of finely crushed graham crackers (I didn't have graham crackers so I used these tea cookies we had on hand)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup margarine (melted)

FILLING:
1 1/2 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1 TBS flour
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 TBS milk

Directions:

For crust, combine crushed crackers (or cookies) and cinnamon. Stir in margarine. Press crust into pan, 2 inches up the sides of an 8-9 inch spring form pan.

In a bowl combine cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer until fluffy (this is possible to achieve by hand as well, just takes a lot of work LOL)

Add eggs all at once, beating on low speed just till everything is combined. 

Stir in milk. Pour into crust lined pan. (For a spring form pan, place on a shallow pan, for my cake pan I didn't do this). 

Bake at 375* for 30 minutes or until done (when the center appears nearly set when shaken). 

Cool for 15 minutes, and let set in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. 

For spring form pan:
For an 8 inch pan bake for 45-50 minutes.
9 inch pan 35-40 minutes.

When center appears nearly set, cool for 15 minutes, loosen crust from sides of pan. Cool for 30 more minutes; remove sides of pan, cool completely. Chill at least for 4 hours. 

You can make your own cherry filling, but we do not have fresh cherries available, so I just bought the canned cherry filling.


19 comments:

  1. Salam alaykum sis
    Looks delicious ma shaa Allah I'm sure your host was happy with your gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa aliakum salam, insha'allah they liked. In fact the daughter asked me for the recipe, hence me posting it here. :)

      Delete
  2. masha Allah, talented u r."alif afia" thousand health ,we say it when u eat your food:)


    Nada,peace train

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, how nice! Jazakalkhair for the comment and knowledge. :)

      Delete
  3. I sent u a message on livemocha I would like u see and hear the most famous Iraqi munshid"islamic singer" just write "محمد العزاوي"in Google, I 'm waiting 4 ur opnion.

    Nada



    ^ - *

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, that looks great, Mashallah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mouth is watering just looking at the photo.

    I am afraid that, regardless of years of hard work by my Ummi, I am an appalling cook and even the simplest recipe comes out wrong when I make it.

    But I think I will try yours. Maybe I'll have more success now I am a bit older than when my Ummi did her best with me insha'Allah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alhamdulilah, thank you. :)

      You should try the recipe and let me know how it turns out for you, insha'allah. :)

      Delete
  6. Assalam sis please post more of ur fav american recipes i will deff try tis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa alaikum salam, insha'allah I will try to do so. :)

      Delete
  7. that looks great sister... i want to try ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you bake it let me know how it turns out, but if you want a piece, you will have a long travel to Florida. :P

      Delete
    2. sister Zahra i live in Auburn.. not away to you :)

      If you come to Auburn i want to take you to my home :)

      Vesselam ;)

      Delete
    3. Sister, you live in Jacksonville?

      Delete
  8. Wow sister i will make this inshallahh!! it looks beatiful thank you from Halimah .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it turns out, insha'allah. :)

      Delete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!