~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Monday, November 12, 2012

Our Trip and First Day in Missouri!

Yesterday, November 11th, 2012, we traveled to my home state, Missouri. I woke up at 5am to prepare myself and finish packing those last minute items. Then I woke up Ahmad got him dressed, gave him his already made bottle, and then woke up Jasim so he could load our luggage in the car. We arrived at the airport, said our good-byes, and checked ourselves in. 

Alhamdulilah, our first flight was first class! I have to say, it was comfortable and very relaxing! We landed in Washington, D.C. and had to wait 1 hour before our next flight, which gave us enough time to change diapers and buy a souvenir for Ahmad (one of those sock monkeys with a shirt saying "Washington, D.C."). Our second flight was in economy class, the guy sitting beside us was big and bulky, so we felt very crowded. Ahmad was quite the trooper and only began to show resentment towards the last 30 minutes of the flight. I can't blame him, I felt like whining as well. Alhamdulilah, Ahmad never cried fully, he just let me know he was NOT comfortable. 

We finally landed with the pilot announcing "frozen rain" as the weather. My mom, grandma, and grandpa were all there waiting for us. We got our baggage and left. My grandpa took his diesel truck and left home early, while us ladies went out to eat and out shopping. 

We ate out at a store/restaurant called Shaharazaad (I can't remember if that is how it was spelled or not). It was halal so I could eat whatever I wanted and so could my family. :) I then bought a fair share of halal meats and other foods I have grown accustomed to that you can not find locally where my family lives. Because it is so cold here in Missouri we had to find warmer coats for our stay (I tried finding some while I was still in Florida, but I could only find light jackets). I found a cute coat for Ahmad at Khol's and one for myself at Wal-mart. We then headed home to settle in. 

It is so lovely to see my family again. Alhamdulilah that I have been given the opportunity to visit before Ahmad is 1 year of age. 

4 comments:

  1. Have a good times with your family in┼čallah sis:) regarding the travel please share with us Ahmad's photos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Insha'allah I will share some photos. :)

      Delete
  2. assalamualaikum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu,
    aww masha'Allah what a nice journal entry !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wa alaikum salam ukhti, thank you. I have much more to share since I have been staying with my Mennonite friends! Just have been so busy!

      Delete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!