~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Our Breastfeeding Journey has Ended...

1 Year was the Goal, but 10 Months is all We Got.

I am officially dried up, my milk supply dropped dramatically about 1 1/2 months ago, came back to a good supply, and is now completely gone. I had noticed I didn't feel as full as I normally did, but thought nothing of it as Ahmad still breastfed regularly. He was sick and a new tooth was coming in, so I thought his blood curdling screams were from being sick and cutting teeth. Then after 1 1/2 days of basically none stop crying and racking my brain with what could possibly be wrong with my baby, this morning the thought came that perhaps I wasn't supplying enough milk for him. So I made him a bottle of formula for Ahmad and he was so hungry he finished 6 ozs in no time! 

If you remember in one of my previous posts, I had tried to give him formula when my milk began to leave about a  month and a half ago and he refused, throwing the bottle on the floor. Now he is so content with the formula and doesn't show any sign of complaint. Alhamdulilah we found the reason for his none stop crying, but I feel so sad that our breastfeeding journey had to end so abruptly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!