~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Natural Facial Cleanser that Actually Worked for Me!

So as the economy is going farther down we are all trying to find ways to cut our household expenses. If you are married, keeping yourself up is a big importance- at least it is for me. I already have a daily skin routine with the Aveeno Naturals. I love this brand because you can use a little drop of it to do the job. A bottle of cleanser lasts me 6-8 months, including the daily scrub- which I really use only 2-3 times a week- and the daily moisturizer- which I use every day and sometimes I use before I go to bed. But we all know that these commercial things just don't do the job when it comes to the deep cleaning and who really has the time or money to go to a spa or salon? So after a lot of trial and error of different natural things, I found that milk and nutmeg is the best! I use about 1 teaspoon of nutmeg and a 1 teaspoon of milk. You mix it well and apply to a clean face (mostly where there are clogged pores like you nose). You scrub in circular motions for a few minutes and wash off with warm water. Always end your routine with cold water to close your pores! Then I finish with my moisturizer. Always remember when trying something new, do a spot test first. Never use something without first seeing how your skin reacts to it! 

3 comments:

  1. Salam alayki sistr, Ohhh sounds interesting. InshaAllah will try it and hope my super sensitive skin is not left in a state. I read rosewater is natural toner so I brought a bottle of it but I am nervous to try it. I have very sensitive skin and when it reacts badly I look terrible!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In reply to Sanaa:

    If I remember right I think lemon juice is also a natural toner. I do not have sensitive skin, so do try it or anything else on a small patch of skin to see how your skin reacts to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salaam waluakum sister,

    jazak Allahu khayran :) That's wonderful advice! I love natural solutions to things :)) I will definitely try this God willing :)

    <3 ur sis Tina

    ReplyDelete

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!