~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

An Uneasy Moment


Last night before my husband came home, I had called him and asked him to pick up some diapers from CVS. When he came home he said that I had his debit card so I would have to go after we ate. When we finished our supper I got all "wrapped" up and left. When I got to the store I grabbed the diapers and headed to the front to check them out. As I was walking to the line, this older man turned around and said,

"Where you from? HUH? Where you FROM?" 

He made me feel really uneasy so at first I didn't answer, but he kept insisting and asking, "Where you from? Are you from over "there"?" 

I finally said, "I am from here." 

"So then why do you where that veil THING? What were you born THAT way? Or do you just practice those beliefs or are you a convert?" He kind sneered the word convert, while at the same time I smelled a hint of liquor on his breath.

"I am a convert."

By this time I felt really uncomfortable. He asked me another question which I can not bring to mind and I chose not answer. He then asked, "What you aren't gonna answer my questions now?"

 I said, "Look, I have to go home to my baby." 

After that he mumbled something under his breath and went to the check out.

 I never mind people asking me questions and I don't mind answering them, its just how his demeanor and vibes were that made me feel extremely uneasy. Only when I got back home did I feel "safe".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!