~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Monday, April 30, 2012

A Cook Out and a Soccer Game!


Last night, Sunday, which is the day my husband gets off at 6 in the evening, we went to a friends house for a cook out. Well, maybe I should say my husbands friends. I had never met them before, the husband is from Iraq and the wife is from Jordan. When we arrived I went into the kitchen to say "Salam alaikum (peace be upon you)" to the wife. Mind you she speaks no English, so I spoke to her in my limited Arabic, introducing myself and my baby, also asking her if she needed any help in the kitchen. She said no so I left and went back outside. 

The men were out in the big yard playing soccer, yes the yard was big enough to have a soccer field. I didn't really pay too much attention since a few of my lady friends were there, but my husband made two goals! :) I will have to say the cutest thing I saw while they were playing, was when the youngest son of the family, who is 3, his name is Mohammad, made a goal! He took off his shirt and started swinging it in the air! Absolutely adorable!

The time came for us to eat. The lady of the house, Mutaw, cook everything outside over a fire. When my husband and everyone else came over to eat she said to Jasim, 

"Your wife speaks good Arabic." 

Jasim's friends said, "She can't speak Arabic." I have always been shy speaking around them when they come to our house, so I never do. 

But Mutaw said, "Well I can't speak english and I know she spoke with me!"

Mutaw and her husband Hamdi has 3 children, Sinaat, Abbar, and Mohammad. Abbar, the little girl is so adorable! She is very helpful too. Sinaat and Mohammad are as cute as can be. These children are so very well behaved!

The food was good, the company was great, and I hope we can visit them again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!