~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

8 Things Every Child Should Experience


I am on this "moms only" website and I came across this post of 8 things every kid should experience. Of course my baby is only 3 months old so I couldn't say my baby experienced any of these. So when I replied, I replied about my childhood. I thought that it would be interesting for my friends to see it so they could know more about me as well. :) So I am posting my reply to the ladies article on cafemom. 

"I only have a 3 month old, so I will answer these for myself. :)
Being part of a team: I played basketball and softball when I was in middle school.
Camping: My father didn't have a house one summer so we lived in a tent for 3 months and cooked over a fire. :)
Chores: we had milk goats, chickens and horses, a large garden and a wood stove. No washer machine. So of course we had chores! Which including washing clothes by hand. 
Snow: we lived in the Midwest, so not only did we experience snow but we also had a lot of ice storms.
Farm life: I answered that on the chores. We had our own domestic farm :) But I have worked on two Mennonite farms, a truck and garden farm and a chicken farm from age 14-16.
Lemoande stand: Our closest neighbor was about 1 1/2 miles away so who could we sell lemonade to? We did pick berries in the summer and sell them to the amish.
Flying a kite: Yes, but we made our own. :D
Bowling: On a feild trip with my classmates."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!