~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Cradle Cap


So my baby Ahmad got cradle cap about a week ago. At first I had noticed his scalp- he has tons of hair- was beginning to look dandruffy. I looked up cradle cap under google images and saw horrifying pictures of it when it wasn't tended to. I did a little research and found that the best way to treat it was with any kind of oil, olive oil, baby oil, coconut oil, etc. I used baby oil since it smells much better then olive oil and a fine tooth comb- you know the kind that comes along with the baby hair brush.

All you do is put the oil generously on the babies scalp and let it set for a few hours, then you take the comb and comb against the grain of the hair, or if your baby doesn't have hair, you just comb it against the scaly dandruff. I would comb his hair like this while breast feeding him since he HAS to hold still while eating. Afterwards I gave him a bath to wash out the oil and extra dandruff that the comb couldn't get. I did this 2 times in 4 days and Ahmad is cradle cap free. Just be sure you catch it ahead of time before it gets out of control!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!