~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Company of 8!

Last night I entertained my largest group of people since I have been married. My husband invited some of his friends over for supper. There was a family and some friends of his that are single, altogether there was 10 of us, including my husband and I. The family came first as the 3 others were still working and were going to come later.

I had cooked rice, bamia- Arabic soup that contains beef or lamb with okra and tomatoes, Arabic baked chicken, and a salad. I sat all the food on the table cloth that was placed on the floor- my husband and his friends still like to eat on the floor- and I went back in the kitchen to wash up the dishes and start the chai-tea. When I finished and went back to the living room to get something for me to eat, all the chicken, over half of the rice, and half of the bamia was gone! I thought to myself, what am I going to feed to the ones that are coming later? I ate real quick, took the food to the kitchen, and brought in the chai, date cookies that I had made that morning, and fruit. I finally got the chance to visit with our company! My little baby boy woke up and decided that he wanted to eat, so I took him to our bedroom, changed his diaper, and fed him. While I was feeding him the family decided to go home.

When baby was finished, I went back to the kitchen tidied it up again and started making beef seekh kebabs in place of all the chicken the family ate- by the way, there was 6 thighs and 6 drumsticks! 30 minutes later my husbands friends came. I brought the food in once again, started the chai and sat down with the company. When they were finished, I brought the chai and all the other sweets in.

It made me really happy to see all the food gone, but it made me beam when one of my husbands friends said, "Zahra you are a very good cook. Thank you." All in all, I really enjoyed last night, I love entertaining people and making others happy through their stomachs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!