~Attention~

This blog is intended for women or sisters of Islam only! Any comments, emails, or messages from men will be disregarded, deleted, or blocked.

Fear Allah and treat your fellow sisters of Islam as you would want your mother, sisters, or wife to be treated.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fault Finding

These Hadiths were such a great reminder to me that I thought to share them and their meaning to me.  

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said: "He who sees something which should be kept hidden and conceals it will be like one who has brought to life a girl buried alive (a pre-Islamic practice). 
 Sunan of Abu-Dawood, Hadith 2292 

And on another occasion: "Each of you is the mirror of his brother, so if he sees any fault in him he should wipe it away." 
 Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 1286

I love the last Hadith which talks about how we are each a mirror of our brother or sister, and if we find a fault in one of them, we should wipe it away. For me, this means that we ought to go to that brother or sister and speak to them about their fault. How can we help our Islamic family if we go and spread their faults, at the same time smudging our very own mirror by back-biting and gossiping?


I have had some "sisters" who would come to me and tell me my faults, but do it in such a nasty and cruel way that it brought more pain then healing.



This is where being humble also comes into place, when we go to someone to speak to them about their short-comings, we must remember our own. We all have to remember that each of us have feelings and that we should think before speaking to anyone about their faults. We must ask ourselves if we really understand what they are going through at the moment. Perhaps their actions are just due to their circumstances and normally they wouldn't behave that way. Speak to them and say things to them how you would like someone to speak to you.

We are all brothers and sisters in Islam, and we should all treat each other as such. Just as we wouldn't go around spreading bad things about our biological family, why do we as Muslims go around spreading the faults of our brothers and sisters in Islam? I will have to admit, after reading these Hadiths and reflecting I have found this is something I have to work on in myself. Insha'allah I will improve.

 بِسۡمِ اللهِ الرَّحۡمٰنِ الرَّحِيۡمِ
All Praise unto Allah, Lord of the worlds. 
The Compassionate, the Merciful, 
Sovereign of the Day of Reckoning. 
Thee alone we worship; and of Thee alone we seek help. 
Guide us in the straight path, 
The path of those whom Thou hast favored. On whom Thy indignation has not befallen, and who have not gone astray.
 سُوۡرَةُ الفَاتِحَة
Surah Al-Fatiha
The Opening Chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ahmad's Second Birthday!

Our Anniversary!